The Megger OWTS HV150 is used to identify, evaluate and locate partial discharge (PD) faults in cable insulation and accessories in all types of high voltage power cables.
The system consists of a notebook as a WLAN control unit and a HV unit. The HV unit contains a HV source and a resonance inductor with an integrated electronic switch to generate damped AC test voltage. The HV divider and the coupling capacitor are integrated in a separate unit together with the embedded controller for the digital data acquisition and PD signal processing.
The storage, analysis and evaluation of the PD signals takes place in the notebook and can be done either on site or in the office. The PD fault location is based on the time domain reflection method. For the PD diagnosis the test object is charged to the preselected peak value by a HV source within a couple of seconds and afterwards shorted with an electronic 150kV switch via a resonance coil. Thus a sinusoidal damping AC voltage with low damping is created (DAC). Depending on the capacitance of the test object the AC frequency varies in the range from tens to hundreds of Hz.
Key Features and Functions
- PD diagnosis by means of damped AC voltage (DAC)
- PD level measurement according to IEC 60270
- Advanced PD detection and PD site localization
- Integrated dielectric losses - measurement
- Adjustment features to optimize detection sensitivity
- Automatic calibration mode with joint location feature
- PC with WIN XP and WLAN for system control
- Real-time analysis and reporting using Explorer software
- Menu-driven unit to operate the test sequence
- Portable design, low weight, easy set-up on-site