The N8975B high-performance noise figure analyzer is designed to make fast, accurate, and repeatable noise figure measurements. When paired with an SNS Series noise source and U7227 Series USB preamplifier the ENR data from the SNS and USB preamplifier data automatically downloads into the N8975B.
The N8975B has a multi-touch interface that allows stretch, pinch, and drag gestures. Most menus can be accessed with the tap of a finger without changing screens.
Noise source calibrations for Y-Factor measurements have been streamlined by allowing combined calibrations for up to 12 DUT setups in a single step. Saving valuable test time can be achieved for many types of DUT’s by using the internal calibration feature, which does not require a user calibration to be performed.
A built-in noise figure uncertainty calculator can pre-populate data from the SNS noise source, USB preamplifier, as well as all the required instrument parameters such as analyzer noise figure, gain and noise figure uncertainty, and match. Default noise figure settings offer simultaneous noise figure and gain measurements. By using Table view several measurements including Noise Figure, Noise Factor, Y-Factor, Gain, Phot, Pcold, and Teffective can be viewed simultaneously in tabular form.
The N8975B has additional flexibility with spectrum analyzer and IQ Analyzer (Basic) modes that allows customers to move beyond noise figure to further analyze DUT characteristics if needed.
- Frequency range 10 MHz to 26.5 GHz in a one-box solution
- Multi-touch interface
- Includes Spectrum Analyzer and IQ Analyzer (Basic) modes
- Built-in standard options include P26, PFR, FSA, NFE, and B25
- N-type (f) input connector
- SNS series noise source compatibility: N4000A, N4001A, N4002A
- Extend the NFA solution up to 110 GHz with special block downconverters
- U7227C 100 MHz to 26.5 GHz External USB Preamplifier included